Liquid Oceanic Fertilizer (Fish)
Crop Enhancement Features
- Restores soil degraded by tillage and chemical fertilization and biocide practices, allowing tied-up nutrients in soil to become plant available very quickly. LOF increases soil organic matter, improves the soil’s water-holding capacity, and reduces the need for pesticides and herbicides.
- Stimulates soil microbial bio-activity which allows tied-up nutrients in soil to become plant available very quickly.
- Helps establish healthy soil biology, which improves the efficiency of other fertilizers and amendments, increases soil organic matter, improves the soil’s water-holding capacity, and reduces the need for pesticides and herbicides.
- Provides Chitin, which is known to boost immune efficiency and improve plant defenses against pathogens. Chitin may also reduce harmful nematodes, by stimulating micro-organisms that consume chitin, a key component of the nematode life cycle.
- Provides Calcium and other minerals and nutrients that are often depleted each year.
- Some farmers have found it successful against Powdery Mildew in orchards
- For tree fruit and berries: achieves significant increase in plant wood caliper, leaf size and deep green color, and in fruit size, density, firmness, flavor and shelf life.
Liquid Oceanic Fertilizer General Application Guidance
A protocol of application post-harvest and through the spring and summer is most effective.
When using biologically active fertilizer, emphasis should be placed on Fall Fertilization. This feeds and stimulates the microbial colonies in the off-season so they are well established, nourished, and assimilated to the soil conditions. Depending on your local climate, the soil microbes may be active during winter. If vigorous, their biological activity stimulates early emergence, early leaf canopy, and early nutrition for your crop. Fertilizer can also be applied in the spring and during the growth season, by any fertigation method.
- Mix Pacific Gro Liquid Oceanic Fertilizer with water at 30:1 dilution (1/2 cup per gallon of water). Application rates below refer to the quantity of undiluted fertilizer.
- Can be mixed and applied by fertigation with many other products, for either conventional or organic crops. (Do a jar test before mixing)
- Stir or shake well before mixing. For best mixing in tanks or tote containers, inject air vigorously by air hose.
- Farming – ground application by spray or drip fertigation:
1 to 3 times post-harvest, and 2 to 4 times during the growing season, at rate of 5 to 10 gallons per acre per application. (15 to 80 gallons per acre per year, depending on the value of the crop, nutrient demand and fertility of the soil)
Yard & Garden:
Apply 4 gallons per acre or 1½ cup per 1000 square feet, 2 to 6 times per year