Earthfort Donates Education and Services
Earthfort is a small company with a big heart! Soil is a fundamental resource that often needs restoration. That’s why we offer our support and products to all the dedicated agricultural workers, landscape managers, and everyday farmers who care about the environment as much as we do!
Studies show that healthy soil tends to sequester atmospheric carbon to mitigate climate change. It’s important for anyone working with soil to help with this healing process. We offer our products, lab services, and educational services to nonprofits, student projects, and those in need. Any nonprofit in need of soil microorganism understanding, assessment, or soil restoration, give us a call! We are here to help!
- Earthfort donated testing and supplies to Gabrielle Fladd’s UC Masters thesis project on adding biochar amendments and biology inoculants to green roof projects.
- Earthfort initiated an OSU Masters thesis project on the effect of ProVide and ReVive on soil radiation contamination. As of 2015, Dr. Kathleen Higley of Oregon State is initiating a PhD project with Earthfort.
- Community Services Consortium Youth Garden, Corvallis OR – donation of testing and products for 2015 trial, 2 student workshop scholarships.
- Corvallis Sustainability Coalition member and panelist, Oct 2015.
- Corvallis Independant Business Alliance member.
- Earthfort presented Practical Soil Biology, Ecological Succession, and Biologically-Based Pest Management to the Eugene chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects in 2015.
- Earthfort gave a free Earth Day edition of the Practical Soil Biology lecture at the Corvallis-Benton Public Library.
- Earthfort presented Practical Soil Biology to the Cascade Culinary Institute in Bend, OR, 2015.
- Practical Soil Biology was presented at the Indigenous Peoples Task Force conference in Tower, MN.
- Guest lecture June 2015 at Shonnard’s Nursery, Corvallis OR.
- Sponsorship of the worldwide Fair Carbon Exchange Fundraiser; Jimmy Stinton, CEO. https://vimeo.com/140487611
- Annual donation to Oregon Women in Agriculture an advanced biology test for auction.
- Annual donation of auction items to Benton County Historical Society and Museum.
Produce For The People